Devil's Dictionary Defiled extends the darkness, cynicism, and despair of Bierce's classic work into our own time. Impious and irreverent it is likely to offend. In light of these and other flaws too many to enumerate, access is limited to those who agree to not to take offense. Or at least those who, after taking it do not try to sell it for gain.
1) Blighted Work is defined as Devils Dictionary Defiled, devilsdictionarydefiled.com, its entries, definitions, formatting, artwork - all forms of expression at this site regardless of origin.
Agree to, and will defend the following:
3) I am the sole user of this computer: as such I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the authors and publishers of the Blighted Work against any harm that may take place as a result of my signing(clicking "I agree" to) this agreement or viewing this site's contents. Covered hypothetical harm shall include but not be limited to accessing, viewing, reading, contemplating, reacting to, or taking action as a result of viewing the contents of this Blighted Work.
4) I am over 18 years of age and am immune to all modes of insult and slur. I always act reasonably and within the bounds of the law. I agree not to be offended, or if offended, not to take any action against the authors or publishers of this Blighted Work, or to cite it as inspiration or basis for any offense against law or decency I might commit. I furthermore represent that I live in a state in which freedom of press is unrestrained and irreverence for religious or political foibles is tolerated without limit. I understand what "irony"means and I don't care too much what "in good taste" means. And if I or one of the institutions I hold sacred is lampooned here, I will defend the rights of this site to do so. Finally, I agree not to reproduce or cause to be reproduced more than one quotation from this site in any electronic web site, url, email, or printed document without express written permission from its owner.
5) This agreement is governed by the laws of Io, moon of Jupiter and all claims against the owners or publishers of this Blighted Work must be adjudicated in the venue there provided for the purpose. All costs of transport, provision, and lodging to be provided at cost to plaintiff.
6) Site owner retains the right to modify contents and conditions of access at will and without notice. Signatory agrees to review the terms of this agreement before each use of the site and be bound by its current provisions. We're not very interested in rights to first borns but users may, from time to time incur an instantaneous usage fee.
7) This agreement is severable: any provisions found to be in violation of law may be stricken or modified to any extent that would attain compliance, and neither condition of violation, nor act of modification, nor failure to modify or strike illegal language shall have a prejudicial effect on the enforcability of any other provision or part hereof.
8)By Clicking HERE, or on any other link on this page, I, the signatory above, represent that I have read and understood this agreement and agree to be held by its terms.